I am a huge fan of Google Apps for several reasons. Once of the nice things about it is that it provides me with a central location for all of my e-mail information so that I don't have to be jumping around to several different places to see what e-mail has been sent from my various websites.
This is why it was important to me that I be able to use Google Apps with Concrete5 to send e-mail. This is how It did it (it is actually pretty simple).
Follow these steps
- Log into the Concrete5 dashboard
- Click on Sitewide Settings on the left menu
- At the top, click on the Email tab to reveal the email settings
- In the Sitewide Mail Settings, select External SMTP Server for the Send Mail Method
Next, set your SMTP Settings as follows:
- Mail Server: smtp.gmail.com
- Username: This is your Google Apps email address
- Password: This is your Google Apps password
- Encryption: SSL
- Port: 465
Click on the Save button and this should complete your email configuration.